Bruteforce Save Data
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virus Prevents running of Installer

Go down

Virus Prevents running of Installer Empty Virus Prevents running of Installer

Post by WDayneHS on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:07 pm

When I tried running the installer for BSD, Norton AntiVirus removed it from my computer, and notified me that a trojan virus was removeed, also, from the installer's hidden files. Why is there a virus in such a reputable program?

WDayneHS

Back to top Go down

Virus Prevents running of Installer Empty Re: Virus Prevents running of Installer

Post by Dark Nacho on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 pm

False positive

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Virus Prevents running of Installer Empty Re: Virus Prevents running of Installer

Post by Zero4ph on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:47 pm

WDayneHS wrote:When I tried running the installer for BSD, Norton AntiVirus removed it from my computer, and notified me that a trojan virus was removeed, also, from the installer's hidden files. Why is there a virus in such a reputable program?

just like I said in the other thread put the BSD in the exclusion list of the anti-virus software.
Zero4ph
Zero4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by WDayneHS on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:29 pm

I am not going to exclude something that clearly has a trojan virus in it. I trust Norton more than anything else when it comes to computer safety, so the developer had better ensure that it hasn't been infected and contact me personally before I download this ticking time-bomb again.

WDayneHS

Back to top Go down

Post by OpusMortis on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Or it's just you clearly being paranoid. The developer doesn't need to do shit for you. You don't like it, don't use it. Bye!
OpusMortis
OpusMortis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Nacho on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:54 pm

well technically for almost any anti virus BSD is a virus it bypass security and mod files the same what a virus will do
What did you think that a tool for modding things won't get a virus alert??
Even my save editors said that is a trojan

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero4ph on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:36 am

WDayneHS wrote:I am not going to exclude something that clearly has a trojan virus in it. I trust Norton more than anything else when it comes to computer safety, so the developer had better ensure that it hasn't been infected and contact me personally before I download this ticking time-bomb again.

well its your lost, even my AV detect chaoszage's checksum fixers with trojan but after I put it on the exclusion list they all work fine.
Zero4ph
Zero4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum