Bruteforce Save Data
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of BruteForce community?

+7
xenomage
ThatOneGuyOverThere
OpusMortis
Greydraic
HexEditingBrute
Dark Nacho
lopiky1
11 posters

Go down

State of BruteForce community? Empty State of BruteForce community?

Post by lopiky1 Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:15 pm

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Very Happy

Haven't really seen anything new happen lately or any news, such as cheats being on the Vita and other news that would be on here usually.

And not many people are creating cheats anymore, for instance Trails of Cold Steel has no cheats on the database or on here but you can go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find some cheats but not many.

Is it just me or is the PS3 Save editing scene dying?

Jesse~
lopiky1
lopiky1

Back to top Go down

State of BruteForce community? Empty Re: State of BruteForce community?

Post by HexEditingBrute Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Slowing down, but not dead.  You have to remember, life is still happening to people everywhere.  Some get new demanding jobs, become parents, move to a new city, some get bogged down with their college courses, so many variables.  I have only been around this scene since November, but even as much as I love it and like spending time on here and others forums, I had not logged on to the forums or turned on my PS3 for gaming in over a month, but plan to get back to it soon.

My advice is just keep checking in, and be sure to mention missing cheats like you did for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
HexEditingBrute
HexEditingBrute

Back to top Go down

Post by Greydraic Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am

It has slowed down, definitely.
Also it doesn't help that you ask a question and months go by and not a single word.
So. Some, like me, we're still developing new codes snd ways to edit saves, we simply do it within our own group instead of simply sharing knowledge.

It reminds me of two cases. Fallout 3 and Dishonored.
In the first case I was misguided to think there was a general know how of how to edit anything worth editing in the save file. Like money and skills in any point of the game. I even thought there were Youtube videos showing how to do those things. A few months back in 2016, a friend of mine that decided to play Fallout 3 again was wondering if Game Ganie was still worth to buy because of the cheats, so I asked him what games he wanted to edit. And funny enough most of them there's ways to edit without GG. One of them was Fallout 3 New Vegas.
I simply asked him, why didn't he used BSD. And he said, that most cheats don't work in any point of the game. And he really only wanted so leverage in terms if money and things like Science and Lockpick maxed out. But he found no tutorials anywhere. Which to the money part I found it to be almost impossible there was no video on YouTube showing how or even here in this site.
Funny enough I was proven wrong. So I taught him how to editing everything he wanted to know.
I even went to the trouble of placing a money editing tutorial on this site. So far not a single thank you. But it was ok seeing I hadn't even brought it looking for praise. Just a little show and tell.

Another maybe one month and a half back, another friend of mine was for the first time playing Dishonored on PS3 because he wanted to play it before playing Dishonored 2 on PS4.
But he was having some trouble money wise. It wasn't even the runes. Just the money. So I taught him how to edit money and runes.
Now. Mind you. I had asked questions on this site for assistance when I was trying to work out all the bugs with editing Dishonored. Seeing it was a very peculiar coding. But eventually I did worked out all the issues. I even recently posted a Dishonored Max Money Starter Save, for anyone that might want one, seeing the everything maxed out starter save is still available.
I posted it, but I'm not gonna post a tutorial on how to edit the save. If I had to get there on my own, others will have to do the same.
I could post a step by step tutorial on how to properly edit a Dishonored save, but why would I do that. So others could then steal the work done and claim it as their own.

Also me and other friends of mine, we've been working on creating save editors for PS4 games.
We're already making the transition to the new gen and so we haven't focused nearly as much on PS3. Even though we still help some people here and there when they ask to get their saves edited. But that's something we do occasionally and mainly to people we see that are very green in all of this.

The main point is this. BSD can either move on to PS4 and keep itself going or if it stays stuck on PS3, then eventually this is going to die out.

True that editing anything PS4 is a major pain in the ass. For example editing some details in Dragon Age Inquisition, like money and perks is relatively easy on PS3, but on PS4 it's a lot more work.

On a side note! Save games are becoming more and more complex. With code always moving around, making any save editor basically impossible to make. People could share tutorials on how to do so, by editing the hex code. But if you look all throughout the web. No one is doing that. For now it's all pretty much lock and key.
Maybe things will change, maybe they won't.

Last edited by Greydraic on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Greydraic
Greydraic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Nacho Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 am

Why do a tutorial about aomething that nobody will understand?
Is to advanced and all will be posting don't work it corrup my save bla bla bla

And any user that understand hex can mos fallout it don't even have checksum even the GG have a video how to mod it

One thing is noy now how to do or use something but that do not meant that do not work

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HexEditingBrute Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

Greydraic wrote: So I taught him how to editing everything he wanted to know.
I even went to the trouble of placing a money editing tutorial on this site. So far not a single thank you. But it was ok seeing I hadn't even brought it looking for praise. Just a little show and tell.

Another maybe one month and a half back, another friend of mine was for the first time playing Dishonored on PS3 because he wanted to play it before playing Dishonored 2 on PS4.
But he was having some trouble money wise. It wasn't even the runes. Just the money. So I taught him how to edit money and runes.
Now. Mind you. I had asked questions on this site for assistance when I was trying to work out all the bugs with editing Dishonored. Seeing it was a very peculiar coding. But eventually I did worked out all the issues. I even recently posted a Dishonored Max Money Starter Save, for anyone that might want one, seeing the everything maxed out starter save is still available.
I posted it, but I'm not gonna post a tutorial on how to edit the save. If I had to get there on my own, others will have to do the same.
I could post a step by step tutorial on how to properly edit a Dishonored save, but why would I do that. So others could then steal the work done and claim it as their own.

On a side note! Save games are becoming more and more complex. With code always moving around, making any save editor basically impossible to make. People could share tutorials on how to do so, by editing the hex code. But if you look all throughout the web. No one is doing that. For now it's all pretty much lock and key.

I can understand where you are coming from with the feeling of "Is this even worth it to spend time helping people and putting time into the PS3?"

I can tell you now that your efforts are appreciated.  It is true that people will play a game, get stuck, go looking for help on the internet, get what they want, not say 'thank you' and never be heard from again.  Do not let those types bother you.  There are variations of gratitude across the board.  The point of websites/forums like this one is to help and give our knowledge to anyone interested.  It may be months or years before someone comes along and finds a save editor, game save, cheat-making tutorial, or anything else they find useful.  I have only been around this forum since August 2016, when it has been around for almost 3 years (as of next month).  I came here to get the BSD download, but stayed around to learn and contribute where I can.

I am 34 years old, turning 35 later this year.  I have not been able to put too much time into playing PS3 games over the years until kind of recently.  As of November 2016, the PlayStation 3 has been available for 10 years.  I still have many many games I need to play through.  I do not own a PS4 yet, and there are countless games with amazing game-play and graphics that are worth playing still on PS3.  I say all this to say that Bruteforce SaveData and the community around it on this forum and other forums, are very much needed and essential to those still having a fun time on PS3 games.  Just like there are many who are going back to play NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo64, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox Original, etc... there will always be a need for the information on internet about cheating/time-saving techniques.

I hope that helps and influences you to stay and continue to share your time and knowledge.  If you choose to move on, I still thank you for your past contributions, as I have yet to play the Dishonored series, but will take advantage of the information you provided when I do.
HexEditingBrute
HexEditingBrute

Back to top Go down

Post by Greydraic Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:38 am

Dark Nacho wrote:Why do a tutorial about aomething that nobody will understand?

And any user that understand hex can mos fallout it don't even have checksum even the GG have a video how to mod it

One thing is noy now how to do or use something but that do not meant that do not work

But you have to agree that not existing a single video on how to edit money on Fallout seems extremely strange. It isn't like the Caps value is that hard to find.
Now the Skills... That can be tricky if someone doesn't know what he or she is doing. Money, Exp, Weight one can carry, AP and all those things, are extremely easy to edit. And in a strange way a good method to get people into Editing.

Now Dishonored can be a headache, especially because it isn't just the code that changes, but the files inside the Payload file once you decompress the file. Inside the Prison you got totally entirely different files. Once you get your first rune the number and name of files changes. And it keeps on happening throughout the game. We simply got to know exactly what to look for. Which obviously not everyone knows.
And it also explains why making a Save Editor is for all intended purposes useless.

And unfortunately more and more games are using that type of code moving around.

I believe the last game I really explored the coding on PS3 was Yakuza 5. Which was surprisingly easy. In comparison DAI was a headache worthy of 10 aspirins.

But for the most part been messing around with PS4 save games.
Greydraic
Greydraic

Back to top Go down

Post by Greydraic Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 am

HexEditingBrute wrote:

I can understand where you are coming from with the feeling of "Is this even worth it to spend time helping people and putting time into the PS3?"

I can tell you now that your efforts are appreciated.  It is true that people will play a game, get stuck, go looking for help on the internet, get what they want, not say 'thank you' and never be heard from again.  Do not let those types bother you.  There are variations of gratitude across the board.  The point of websites/forums like this one is to help and give our knowledge to anyone interested.  It may be months or years before someone comes along and finds a save editor, game save, cheat-making tutorial, or anything else they find useful.  I have only been around this forum since August 2016, when it has been around for almost 3 years (as of next month).  I came here to get the BSD download, but stayed around to learn and contribute where I can.

I am 34 years old, turning 35 later this year.  I have not been able to put too much time into playing PS3 games over the years until kind of recently.  As of November 2016, the PlayStation 3 has been available for 10 years.  I still have many many games I need to play through.  I do not own a PS4 yet, and there are countless games with amazing game-play and graphics that are worth playing still on PS3.  I say all this to say that Bruteforce SaveData and the community around it on this forum and other forums, are very much needed and essential to those still having a fun time on PS3 games.  Just like there are many who are going back to play NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo64, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox Original, etc... there will always be a need for the information on internet about cheating/time-saving techniques.

I hope that helps and influences you to stay and continue to share your time and knowledge.  If you choose to move on, I still thank you for your past contributions, as I have yet to play the Dishonored series, but will take advantage of the information you provided when I do.

Oh. Believe me I have no intention of moving on from the PS3. Not yet. It was thanks to PS3 that I really got into coding. So to me it was a self-learning process, with bits of help here and there from other people.
And I do appreciate people that have placed their save editors and codes here. Two good examples are Dark Nacho and MisterE. Their contribute was and still is extremely important.

I personally learned a lot from Dark Nacho way to make save editors.
Although I still prefer to edit the saves through hex editing. I found it helps me to avoid some errors in the game itself.
A good example is Resident Evil 6.
Now Dark Nacho made a good save editor. By far the best I've seen.
BSD has cheats for RE6, but the checksum corrupts the save. So you can apply the BSD cheats bet then you got to use Dark Nacho save editor to fix the checksum. I personally found it more easy to apply the cheats that way. But when playing with Jake and Sherry. There's a point in the game, when you got to escape from the caves and to do so, you need to distract a B.O.W that simply refuses to die. And if you're playing as Jake, you need to catch remote bombs to distract the creature. Problem being that Jake doesn't pick up the bombs no matter what you do. A error caused by the save editing. One that forces you to restart the whole level as Sherry, that way the AI controlling Jake can do what we couldn't. Fortunately that's the only error that's really messy.
But a good example of how sometimes using save editors can bring problems, some too late to notice until they happen.

As for save editing I simply prefer to let people ask first, and if it's something that needs personal editing. Something that there's no cheats or save editors to, like for example Skyrim. In Skyrim you got money cheats, and maybe health, magica and stamina cheats, but if you're looking for skill points and editing the skills tree, now there I believe there's no codes because that part takes a little know how. And I got no problem editing a save that I see someone is asking others to edit.

But I'm still working on PS3 and PS4 saves. PS3 is more when people ask for a specific type of editing, and if it's possible I got no problem doing it myself. On PS4 is still all too much experimental to post anywhere.
Even recently me and my friends we were sure we had figured out Uncharted 4 and we were gonna do a save editor, only to find out that at a certain specific point in the game, the moding made it so the player could no longer pass that point in the game.
Greydraic
Greydraic

Back to top Go down

Post by OpusMortis Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 pm

I still check here every once in a while, but I'd wager the majority are on PS4 at this point. PS3 is over 10 years old now, and even PS4 is over 3 years. I haven't turned on my PS3 in at least 6 months, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I probably would have tried making some codes for Trails of Cold Steel 2 if I actually owned it, as I did make a number of them for the first game that I posted here.  However, I basically lost all interest in the first game, and never finished. If I ever get the second game, it's not going to be for a long time.
OpusMortis
OpusMortis

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatOneGuyOverThere Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:37 am

This is super off topic, but I was wondering if someone can make a modded save for me for KH2.5 and KH1.5. I kinda want to play them with maxed out characters with everything unlocked.

I tried to figure out BruteForce, but as a Mac user I have many issue accessing the things I need.

I was wondering if someone would like to take the time to make the files for me. If you PM me, I can send you a save file with my profile data. Thanks.

ThatOneGuyOverThere

Back to top Go down

Post by xenomage Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:53 am

ThatOneGuyOverThere wrote:This is super off topic, but I was wondering if someone can make a modded save for me for KH2.5 and KH1.5. I kinda want to play them with maxed out characters with everything unlocked.

I tried to figure out BruteForce, but as a Mac user I have many issue accessing the things I need.

I was wondering if someone would like to take the time to make the files for me. If you PM me, I can send you a save file with my profile data. Thanks.

dont hijack threads...create a new one to suite your needs
xenomage
xenomage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero4ph Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 am

lopiky1 wrote:First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Very Happy

Haven't really seen anything new happen lately or any news, such as cheats being on the Vita and other news that would be on here usually.

And not many people are creating cheats anymore, for instance Trails of Cold Steel has no cheats on the database or on here but you can go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to find some cheats but not many.

Is it just me or is the PS3 Save editing scene dying?

Jesse~

some of the guys are moving to PS4.
Zero4ph
Zero4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by HexEditingBrute Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:52 am

Greydraic wrote:
HexEditingBrute wrote:

Oh. Believe me I have no intention of moving on from the PS3. Not yet. It was thanks to PS3 that I really got into coding. So to me it was a self-learning process, with bits of help here and there from other people.
And I do appreciate people that have placed their save editors and codes here. Two good examples are Dark Nacho and MisterE. Their contribute was and still is extremely important.

Although I still prefer to edit the saves through hex editing. I found it helps me to avoid some errors in the game itself.
BSD has cheats for RE6, but the checksum corrupts the save. So you can apply the BSD cheats bet then you got to use Dark Nacho save editor to fix the checksum. I personally found it more easy to apply the cheats that way. But when playing with Jake and Sherry. There's a point in the game, when you got to escape from the caves and to do so, you need to distract a B.O.W that simply refuses to die. And if you're playing as Jake, you need to catch remote bombs to distract the creature. Problem being that Jake doesn't pick up the bombs no matter what you do. A error caused by the save editing. One that forces you to restart the whole level as Sherry, that way the AI controlling Jake can do what we couldn't. Fortunately that's the only error that's really messy.
But a good example of how sometimes using save editors can bring problems, some too late to notice until they happen.

As for save editing I simply prefer to let people ask first, and if it's something that needs personal editing. Something that there's no cheats or save editors to, like for example Skyrim. In Skyrim you got money cheats, and maybe health, magica and stamina cheats, but if you're looking for skill points and editing the skills tree, now there I believe there's no codes because that part takes a little know how. And I got no problem editing a save that I see someone is asking others to edit.

But I'm still working on PS3 and PS4 saves. PS3 is more when people ask for a specific type of editing, and if it's possible I got no problem doing it myself. On PS4 is still all too much experimental to post anywhere.
Even recently me and my friends we were sure we had figured out Uncharted 4 and we were gonna do a save editor, only to find out that at a certain specific point in the game, the moding made it so the player could no longer pass that point in the game.

Well good, glad you are still motivated for PS3 and PS4 alike.
HexEditingBrute
HexEditingBrute

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildfire Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 am

Like others I've been busy with life and I haven't been much hacking PS3 games cause of work among other things. On a another note, a new look for the site will be coming as of right now its in the early stages and once finished everything will be updated including something I've been working on the side.
Wildfire
Wildfire
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeflava00 Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 am

how much difficult is it to save edit on ps4 compared to ps3. is ps4 even hackable for max money and so forth

mikeflava00

Back to top Go down

Post by Greydraic Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 pm

mikeflava00 wrote:how much difficult is it to save edit on ps4 compared to ps3. is ps4 even hackable for max money and so forth

It's simply different. And takes a while to really understand the code.
But it's possible to edit things like money an even items. The main problem being that the method you use in one game doesn't necessarily works on the other.

One good example is Diablo Reaper of Souls for PS3 and PS4.
The items code is different.
Even how you edit the gold is different.

For example me and some friends, we've been recently working on editing Dark Souls 3 stats and XP. And so far we've only been able to edit the XP.
Stats usually crash the game when you level up.

We're also working on Dishonored 2. And so far we been only able to edit the money. And only at specific levels in the game.
Greydraic
Greydraic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Nacho Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 am

Greydraic wrote:
Dark Nacho wrote:Why do a tutorial about aomething that nobody will understand?

But you have to agree that not existing a single video on how to edit money on Fallout seems extremely strange. It isn't like the Caps value is that hard to find.
Now the Skills... That can be tricky if someone doesn't know what he or she is doing. Money, Exp, Weight one can carry, AP and all those things, are extremely easy to edit. And in a strange way a good method to get people into Editing.

Now Dishonored can be a headache, especially because it isn't just the code that changes, but the files inside the Payload file once you decompress the file. Inside the Prison you got totally entirely different files. Once you get your first rune the number and name of files changes. And it keeps on happening throughout the game. We simply got to know exactly what to look for. Which obviously not everyone knows.
And it also explains why making a Save Editor is for all intended purposes useless.

And unfortunately more and more games are using that type of code moving around.

I believe the last game I really explored the coding on PS3 was Yakuza 5. Which was surprisingly easy. In comparison DAI was a headache worthy of 10 aspirins.

But for the most part been messing around with PS4 save games.

check the date 30 nov 2012

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Nacho Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:57 am

Greydraic wrote:
HexEditingBrute wrote:

about re6 is actually a BSD problem because it have to many choice and it don't apply the checksum so for fix that just remove the cheats and only let the checksum

and ofcourse the :DATA0.DAT because if you remove it it won't apply it

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Nacho Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:58 am

mikeflava00 wrote:how much difficult is it to save edit on ps4 compared to ps3. is ps4 even hackable for max money and so forth

If is so easy why don't you do it ??

Me I am jsut waiting for be able to decrypt saves and then I will start playing with ps4 saves

Dark Nacho
Dark Nacho
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greydraic Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 am

Dark Nacho wrote:
about re6 is actually a BSD problem because it have to many choice and it don't apply the checksum so for fix that just remove the cheats and only let the checksum

and ofcourse the :DATA0.DAT because if you remove it it won't apply it

Yes, I tried that at the time. Didn't fixed anything. Jake at that specific level simply didn't picked up the remote bombs.
Also the solution was so easy I didn't even given it much thought. I simply warn people about how to get pass that point just in case it happens to them.
One thing I noticed was that only BLES gamers had that problem, never saw a BLUS gamer complain about that flaw.
So who knows.

But either way it was a good idea. It might work with others, it simply didn't worked with me.
Greydraic
Greydraic

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoFlungDung Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 pm

I'd like to think it isn't dead yet Smile

I did use to submit codes to the previous forum under my original name, but got hate about being a cheater etc (I only mod after finishing games to plat Wink ) but have been busy clearing up online games for the longest time that I've not submitted any to anywhere for the longest time (though I have made some Smile ) even going so far as to attempt to fix some of the broken codes that are in Bruteforce Smile I;ll try get round to srting and organsing them for submission, though I'll have to decipher my text messes XD

WhoFlungDung

Back to top Go down

Post by lopiky1 Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 am

Wow! I didn't expect so many replies. Shocked

It seems that the community has slowed down but isn't dead by any standards. Which is good Very Happy!
Anyway looks like PS4 Save editing is a thing now huh? Crazy world.
I can't wait for the US/EU version of PS4 Save Editor to come out, It'll be fun hex editing some saves!
On a side note, will everyone stay on this site for PS4 save editing or will we make a new site?
lopiky1
lopiky1

Back to top Go down

Post by HexEditingBrute Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:32 am

lopiky1 wrote:Wow! I didn't expect so many replies. Shocked

It seems that the community has slowed down but isn't dead by any standards. Which is good Very Happy!
Anyway looks like PS4 Save editing is a thing now huh? Crazy world.
I can't wait for the US/EU version of PS4 Save Editor to come out, It'll be fun hex editing some saves!
On a side note, will everyone stay on this site for PS4 save editing or will we make a new site?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but if there is a BruteForce Save Data made for PS4, at least with permission to use the 'BruteForce Save Data' name from Aldostools, then yeah, I am hoping people stay here and contribute to it.  If a new product, with its own unique name is released and a new site is made for it, then it is not hard to make a forum account for that site and be both on there for PS4 stuff, and still checking in here for PS3 related cheats/code/editing.  

...I just hope someone makes a thread to update us on it (the new theoretical website/forum) Smile
HexEditingBrute
HexEditingBrute

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down